This is an old revision of the document!
These are individual items that have caught my desire, in no particular order.
- Iced tea jar
- A classic sun tea jar (vintage not required). Glass, not plastic please; a spigot would be nice but is by no means required.
- Cold brew coffee pitcher
- Something reasonably large (at least a quart) with a built-in filter basket and decently-sealing lid.
- Shure RMCE accessory cable
- New Nintendo 3DS XL
- The “new” is part of the model name, not just “I want a new one”. Any colour is fine.
- I'm finding myself in need of a new coat with more elegance than a hoodie. I would adore one of these modernised haori in wool and ventile, but I realise that the cost and shipping probably puts that out of reach of anyone I know. A simple canvas duster would be great as well (leather is unfortunately too hot for our climate, no matter how cool it looks).
- I'm hard enough on clothes that I'm perpetually in need of new ones.
- Lounge-and-sleepwear in soft fabrics with light shirts and long pants. Beyond that, I don't care so much about style if they look cute.
- Long– or short-sleeved blouses, button-ups, “sport” shirts, or similar tops (no polos, please!). I prefer fairly loose and draping/“flowy” garments. Between 2XL and 3XL, “tall” sizes preferred. I generally wear neutral or subdued colours, but if it looks cute I'll try something bolder.
- Black or grey slacks; again, loose and swishy garments preferred. Roughly a size 21 (42″ waist, 34″ inseam).
- Kilts and kilted skirts are both comfortable and fun to wear. UT Kilts makes the best utility kilt I have ever worn, and I would happily wear another in any colour (44″ waist, 241/2″ length — this must be special-ordered, unfortunately).
- These knit hose from UT Kilts are absolutely the best socks I have ever worn. They’re cool in the summer, warm even wading through the snow, have enough padding to prevent blisters and just flat-out comfortable. I linked the black ones, but they also have a variety of other colours — I'd be happy with black, grey, cream, or green.
- Soft t-shirts of any variety (pocket Ts, long sleeves, &c.), 3XL or 2XL “Tall”. Knit boxers or boxer-briefs, in sizes matching the trousers above. For either, solid colours or subtle patterns, please; preferably dark.
- As always, any beverage you think I might find interesting will be appreciated. In general, I like teas and coffees (both exotic and ordinary); ciders, ginger beers, and root beers (both hard and soft); whisk(e)y, rum, mead, gin, absinthe, and a variety of other spirits, liqueurs, and cordials.
- Some specifics include:
- The Black Blood of the Earth
- The Black Blood of the Earth is the best coffee I have ever tasted, bar none. There is their 1000ml “large-size” bottle, a modestly-priced sampler pack of their typical varieties, another identically-priced sampler of their limited runs, or a special edition 750ml bottle I'd really enjoy.
- In the interests of honesty, all of my particular favourites are home-brewed. If you think you've found something to match, though, I'm always up for a pleasant surprise!
- I'm mostly fond of Irish whiskey, although my ultimate favourite is Penderyn Welsh whisky. Scotch is good if it's not too peaty (definitely no Islay malts for me!).
- Irish Mist is always a solid standby; Drambuie is fine; Bushmills Irish Honey is pretty good; Ballotin chocolate bourbon is strangely incredible. Baileys will be used in coffee in place of cream and sugar, and be gone within days. I like a very wide variety, though — feel free to surprise me!
- I'm a sucker for good absinthe. I'd particularly like to try Pacifique Absinthe Verte Supérieure, made and bottled in Washington.
- Hard cider
- I'm fond of both Woodchuck and Angry Orchard, especially their seasonal or special varietals — I'd be especially grateful for a bottle of each (or just any!) cider in their “Cider House Collection”.
- Gift cards
- Gift cards will always get spent, of course. If you want something you know I'll particularly enjoy, consider:
- Warehouse 23 (gaming books and games!)
- Or even just Amazon, a Visa card, or simply cash — I am perpetually broke and anything is appreciated.
user/celti/wishlist.1514578726.txt.gz · Last modified: 2017/12/29 13:18 by Celti