This is an old revision of the document!
First up, these are individual things that have caught my eye. They are roughly sorted in order from “want most” to “want not-quite-as-much” — but that phrasing is deliberate, I would be very happy with any of them, or just anything off the Perennial Favourites list.
- A subscription to Pyramid Magazine
- Or more precisely, a gift certificate from Warehouse 23 in the amount of $20, $40, or $70 so that I can extend my current subscription by 3, 6, or 12 months. The W23 store is the only place to acquire/extend a subscription and they don't allow specific gift purchases, only gift certificates.
- The Black Blood of the Earth
- The Black Blood of the Earth is the best coffee I have ever tasted, bar none. There is their 1000ml “large-size” bottle, a modestly-priced sampler pack of their typical varieties, another identically-priced sampler of their limited runs, or a special edition 750ml bottle I'd really enjoy.
- DEFCON Soundtrack
- Subtitled “Fear — Madness — Loss”, I'd love to have this soundtrack to the game DEFCON in CD format. I've already got the download version of it, which is slightly different — I'm now looking for the three-track version, ideally on CD or in FLAC format.
- Shure RMCE accessory cable
- It's a spare cable for my earphones that adds a microphone and remote control to them.
- New Nintendo 3DS X
- The “new” is part of the model name, not just “I want a new one”. Any colour is fine.
- As always, any beverage you think I might find interesting: I like mead, hard cider, whiskey, absinthe, some liqueurs, and exotic teas and coffees.
- Honestly, a lot of commercial mead is crap — all of my particular favourites are home-brewed. If you happen to have some, or you think you've found something commercial that's good, though… I'm always up for a pleasant surprise!
- I'm mostly fond of Irish whiskey, although my favourite is Penderyn Welsh Whiskey. Scotch is good if it's not too peaty.
- Irish Mist is always a solid standby; Drambuie is fine; Bushmills Irish Honey is pretty good; Ballotin chocolate bourbon is strangely incredible. I like a very wide variety, though — feel free to surprise me!
- I'm a sucker for good absinthe. I'd particularly like to try Pacifique Absinthe Verte Supérieure, made and bottled in Washington.
- Hard cider
- I'm fond of both Woodchuck and Angry Orchard, especially their seasonal or special varietals — I'd be especially grateful for a bottle of each (or just any!) cider in their “Cider House Collection”.
- Gift cards