- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 c. mirepoix
- 1 lb. mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c. pearl barley
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 qt. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 c. good whiskey
- Melt butter in large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add mirepoix, mushrooms, and barley and saute until until they begin to brown (approx. 20 minutes).
- Add flour to pot and stir for five minutes.
- Gradually mix in broth and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until barley is tender and soup is beginning to thicken (approx. 40 minutes)
- Mix in parsley, dill, and whiskey and season to taste with salt and pepper.
recipes/mushroom_barley_soup.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/26 22:08 by Celti