Table of Contents
- Game, setting, & player:
- Full name & aliases:
- Meredith Blake; Mera, GildedCanary, Aurora.
- Real and apparent age:
- 22 (born June 3rd). Appears to be in late teens.
- Height, weight, & build:
- 5′6″, 150 pounds. An athletic hourglass build.
- Colouration & features:
- features; golden blond hair, sky blue eyes, and fair skin.
|Boots||2/1*||feet, legs (1)||Lower vs. imp.|
|Punching: thr-1, Reach C; DX-10, Parry 8|
|Normal||1d-5 cr||1d-3 cr||1d-2 cr||1d-1 cr||1d cr|
|Loaded||1d-4 cr||1d-2 cr||1d-1 cr||1d cr||1d+1 cr|
|Kicking: thr, Reach C,1; DX-8, Parry 7|
|Normal||1d-4 cr||1d-2 cr||1d-1 cr||1d cr||1d+1 cr|
|Shod||1d-3 cr||1d-1 cr||1d cr||1d+1 cr||1d+2 cr|
|Grappling: thr, Reach C, DX-10, Parry 8|
|Normal||1d-4 cp||1d-2 cp||1d-1 cp||1d cp||1d+1 cp|
|Small knife: sw-3, thr-1; Rc C,1/C; Knife-6, Parry 6|
|Thrust||1d-5 imp||1d-3 imp||1d-2 imp||1d-1 imp||1d imp|
|Swing||1d-5 cut||1d-3 cut||1d-2 cut||1d-1 cut||1d cut|
|Small knife: thr-1, Acc 0, Range ×1/2/×1, Bulk -1, Thrown Knife-6|
|9mm Auto: 2d+2, Acc 2, Rng 150/1,850, RoF 3, Sht 15+1(3), Rcl 2, ST 9, Blk -2, Guns-6|
|9mm FMJ||2d+2 pi||150/1,850||None.|
|9mm JHP||2d+2(0.5) pi+|
|9mm APDS Match||3d(2) pi-||220/2,800||Acc 3|
|9mm JSP+P+||3d(0.5) pi+||230/2,900||ST 14, Rcl 3|
Attributes & Secondary Characteristics
ST 14 ; DX 14 ; HT 14 ; IQ 14 ; PE 10 ; WL 10 .
HP 14 ; RP 14 ; FP 14 ; LFP 14 ; SP 14 ; LSP 14 .
Basic Speed 10.00 ; Basic Move 10 ; Water Move 2 ; Air Move 20 .
SM+0 (1 hex); Basic Lift 20; Damage Thr 1d, Sw 2d.
Dodge 8; Parry 8 (DX); Block None.
Advantages, Disadvantages, & Features
TL, Wealth, & Status: N/A.
Cultural Familiarities: Western .
Languages: English (Native) .
- 3D Spatial Sense 
- Automatically know which way is north, and can retrace your path. Gives +1 to Piloting, +2 to Aerobatics, and +3 to Body Sense and Navigation.
- Accelerated Learning 2 
- All time spent learning counts for twice as much time.
- Ambidexterity 
- Removes off-handedness penalties.
- Appearance (Transcendent; Universal, +25%) 
- Gives +5 to reaction rolls where the other person can see you.
- Augmented Reality 
- User-interface elements can provide up to +5 on various rolls.
- Botte Segrete (Rapier) 
- A blindingly fast strike that costs 1 FP to make, and any critical failure means you drop your weapon in addition to other effects. The enemy has -5 to all active defense rolls against it. For 2 FP, this can affect power-based defenses too, as you strike faster than thought or magic. You can use it with multiple attacks, but the FP cost is also multiplied.
- Catfall 
- Take less damage from a fall, so long as your limbs are unbound and your body is free to move around.
- Combat Reflexes 
- You get +1 to all defense rolls and to Fast-Draw skill, and +2 to Fright Checks and SP loss from fear, as well as being immune to freezing due to surprise. You get +6 on all IQ rolls to wake up, or to recover from surprise or mental stun. Your side gets +1 on initiative rolls to avoid surprise attack, +2 if you are the leader.
- Common Sense (Conscious, +50%) 
- Any time you're about to do something silly, I make an IQ roll, and if it succeeds, I warn you about it. You can also ask me what would be smart to do, and I'll roll.
- Coup de Jarnac (Rapier) 
- Your strike is so skillful that the DR the enemy receives from armor is halved. This does not affect natural DR or supernatural defenses.
- Double-Jointed 
- Gain +5 on Climbing, Erotic Art, and Escape rolls, and on attempts to break free in close combat. You may ignore up to -5 in penalties for working in close quarters.
- Enhanced Parry 2 (Edged Rapier) 
- Your parries with an Edged Rapier receive a +2.
- Great Void 
- When retreating, you may step an extra yard away from your foe.
- Interdiction (Rapier) 
- You can make an attack of opportunity with your sword if someone tries to charge past you in combat. Roll against Parry, success deals damage at -2.
- Intuitive Mathematician 
- You can perform complicated mathematics without any need for a calculator -- indeed, you're better than most calculators.
- Master at Disarms (Rapier) 
- You get +5 to skill when you attack an enemy's weapon, offsetting the various penalties to hit for this task. If you hit and your foe fails to defend, then you receive that +5 in the ensuing Quick Contest if you're trying to disarm them, or +2 to effective ST if you're trying to break their weapon.
- Not Without My Weapon (Rapier) 
- You get +5 on all rolls ro resist being disarmed. You can recover a dropped weapon with a single ready maneuver and a Fast-Draw (Sword) roll, at +1 if you crouch and pick it up, or -1 if you remain standing and flip the sword into your hand using a foot. Failure means a wasted turn.
- Perfect Balance 
- Automatically keep your footing, no matter how narrow the walking surface, under normal conditions. If the surface is wet, slippery, or unstable, you get +6 on all rolls to keep your footing. In combat, +4 to DX and DX-based skill rolls to stay standing. Also gain +1 to Acrobatics, Aerobatics, Climbing, and Piloting.
- Perfect Recovery 
- You always roll against full Acrobatics skill to stand up as a single Change Posture maneuver, regardless of encumbrance.
- Photographic Memory 
- Automatically remember the details of everything you concentrate on, and the general sense of everything else. Whenever an IQ roll is required to memorize something, you have a +10 and may automatically succeed.
- Run and Hit (Rapier) 
- You can make a full-skill attack with a Move and Attack, instead of being at -4 and having your skill capped at 9. If your previous action was Move, you're now sprinting and get +2 to ST when you work out the damage for the attacl. You're still at -2 for every other DX-based roll you make that turn, and when you defend you can neither parry nor retreat.
- Single-Minded 
- You get +3 to rolls for most long mental tasks where intense focus can help. While so engaged, roll vs WL to avoid shutting everything else out and gaining -5 to all rolls to notice interruptions.
- Terrain Adaptation (Active, +300%) 
- You do not suffer DX or Move penalties for unstable terrain or footwear.
- Versatile 
- You get +1 on any task that requires creativity or invention, including most rolls against Artist, and all Engineering rolls for new inventions.
- Very Fit 
- You get +2 to all HT rolls to stay conscious, avoid death, resist disease or poison, etc. You also lose FP at half normal rate, and regain it at twice normal rate -- this does not apply to FP spent to fuel abilities.
- Very Grounded 
- Your penalties from low SP are reduced by 2. You also lose SP at half normal rate, recover SP at twice normal rate, and when you roll to recover from LSP loss a successful roll recovers two points instead of one.
- Very Rapid Healing 
- You get +5 to HT rolls to recover lost HP or recover from a crippling injury, and when you succeed on HT rolls to recover HP, you recover two HP instead of one.
- Voice 
- You have the voice of an angel. Gain +2 to Diplomacy, Fast-Talk, Mimicry, Performance, Politics, Public Speaking, Sex Appeal, and Singing, as well as any reaction roll made against someone who can hear your voice.
- Weapon Master (Edged Rapier) 
- You gain +2 damage per die with your weapon, suffer half the usual penalties to make a Rapid Strike or to parry more than once per turn. You can also learn certain cinematic skills for use with your weapon.
- Follow-Through 
- Quick-Sheathe (Sword) 
- Sacrificial Parry (Rapier) 
- Sanitized Metabolism 
Divine Power (Innate Divine, +0%; Power Investiture 6 )
- Divine Power1) 
- Concentrate for five seconds and spend a Grace Point to perform a true miracle.
- Grace Points 62) 
- Fuel epic powers, ensure success, or recover from disasters. Recovers fully every Sunday at dawn.
- Last Rites3) 
- Perform one minute ritual over a corpse to protect it from necromancy.
- Holy Touch4) 
- Touch a pint of water to create temporary holy water, and your touch acts like holy water.
- Solar Radiance5) 
- You can glow with sunlight, emitting up to +5 illumination. Constantly provides +5 to HT rolls against eye damage from intense light.
- Sense of Faith6) 
- You are aware of the status of your worshippers as a whole. You automatically know when large groups of them are in trouble, in pain, or in need of help, regardless of where they are. Particularly urgent prayers from individuals can reach you.
- Feed the Masses7) 
- Turn a tiny amount of food and drink into ninety pounds of food/drink, three times per day.
- Holy Weaponry8) 
- Every weapon you wield can harm evil supernatural spirits as if they were tangible, and whenever your attack injures any evil supernatural being it takes an additional 1 point of burning damage per second for 1d6 seconds, bypassing DR.
- Sermonize9) 
- Grants +5 to reaction, influence, Leadership, and Public Speaking rolls against NPCs, so long as you are open and honest with your words.
- Stoicism10) 
- For as long as you continue to concentrate, you are completely unaffected by pain. Injuries do not require a Will roll to maintain concentration on this.
- Aura of Courage11) 
- You emanate an aura that gives you and every ally within 20 yards immunity to fear. Activating the aura takes a Concentrate maneuver, and it endures until deactivated. Effect persists for 15 seconds after leaving the aura or deactivating it.
- Sense True Evil12) 
- Gain a flash of knowledge, showing you where all nearby evil beings are. Only detects those with evil supernatural abilities or those who are completely devoted to or taken over by evil. Range varies from a few miles to a few hundred miles, depending on where the worst evil is.
- Angelic Wings13) 
- You can manifest angelic wings and fly at Air Move 20. Armour and clothing do not interfere with this. The wings may be attacked and injured while manifested.
- Consecrate Ground14) 
- You can consecrate the land, turning it into High Sanctity holy ground. You're limited to a roughly circular area up to one square mile. You must traverse the full perimeter before heading to the center to conclude. Cursed land, and land consecrated to another god resists.
- Aura of Protection15) 
- You emanate an aura that gives you and every ally within 20 yards DR 4 that protects them and anything they're carrying. Activating the aura takes a Concentrate maneuver, and it endures until deactivated. Effect persists for 15 seconds after leaving the aura or deactivating it.
- Protection From Evil16) 
- Prevent evil supernatural beings from approaching too close. Think Turn Undead. Requires a Quick Contest of Will, at a +10.
- Heavenly Fire17) 
- You call down holy fire from the heavens to incinerate your divine enemies: this should either be a supernatural creature, such as an undead, demon, a servant of a rival god, or a foe battled on holy ground. Foe must be within 10 yards and clearly designated aloud. A 6d burning attack that affects insubstantial targets descends from above, then spreads into a 4 yard wide column of flame that persists for 10 seconds, and can move at 2 yards per second toward other designated enemies, burning everything in its path. Costs 1 FP.
- Gift of Tongues18) 
- You automatically understand all NPC and major real-world languages, both written and spoken, even if you have never encountered them before.
- Holy Glory19) 
- You reveal your celestial magnficence for a moment. Any NPC who can see you makes a Fright Check at -4. Evil supernatural beings experience Fear, everyone else experiences Awe. Repeated uses within an hour give bonuses to resist.
- Oathbinding20) 
- Whenever someone swears an oath on your name, and then breaks that oath, they become Cursed until they make an appropriate atonement, requiring a month's worth of prayer or meditation, sacrifice equal to a month's income, or a major quest.
- Unburned21) 
- You are immune to heat and smoke and have DR 20 against heat/fire, making you immune to all mundane earthly fires. This does not protect your gear.
- Resurrection22) 
- If you are ever slain, then you will eventually return from the dead on your own. This takes as much time as is needed to heal from your injuries, and until then you are unconscious. When you resurrect, you may select from various locations to respawn at.
- Lay on Hands23) 
- With a touch, you can heal all manner of illness, weariness, and injury to the body and mind of the living and unliving alike, and even raise the dead to true life! No die roll is required, but you must spend 1 to 30 FP on this, and FP thus spent cannot be healed by this ability. Even without expending energy, your touch eases emotions and pain, giving +3 to self-control rolls and on any roll to recover from being stunned.
- Genesis24) 
- You can alter, create, control, destroy, or enhance up to ten pounds or one yard radius of material or a megajoule of energy or half a mile radius of a natural system. Can inflict damage or deflect it, at a limit of 1d, or give +/- 1 to rolls. Costs 1 FP to alter, destroy or enhance something; 2 FP to create something or control something alive; 3 FP to alter, destroy, or enhance something alive; 4 FP to create something alive. Creations are impermanent unless 1 Grace Point is spent.
- Charitable (Self-Control 12) [-15]
- Make a self-control roll in any situation where you could render aid or are specifically asked for help, but should resist the urge. If you fail, you must offer assistance, even if that means violating orders or walking into a potential trap.
- Chummy [-5]
- You react to others at +2 most of the time, and when alone you are unhappy and distracted, suffering a -1 penalty to IQ-based skills.
- Infernal Heat25) [-45]
- The fires of your lust have been made to burn hotter than normal. Sex feels better, and your character will not only respond to attractive partners of any race, but will also become irritable if denied sex for more than a day, all of which can result in reaction penalties from prudish characters, which includes most Solarians!
- Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]
- You're psychologically unprepared to kill people. Whenever you make a deadly attack against an obvious person whose face is visible to you, you're at -4 to hit and may not Aim. If you can't see their face, the penalty is only -2 except in close combat. This penalty doesn't apply against a vehicle or building or set of coordinats, or an opponent you don't believe is a person. If you kill what is recognizably a person, you suffer from Chronic Depression for 3d days. During this time, you must make a WL roll to offer any sort of violence toward anyone, for any reason.
- Secret (Heretic) [-10]
- Your character is not a worshipper of the Sun-King. Should this be discovered, the faithful among NPCs (and perhaps some players!) will reject you utterly. This takes the form of a -4 to reaction rolls, and becoming valid target for Intolerance (Heretics) for another -3 to reaction rolls.
- Selfless (Self-Control 12) [-5]
- You're altruistic and self-sacrificing, and put little importance on personal fame and wealth. You must make a self-control roll to put your needs -- even survival -- before those of someone else.
- Elf Ears [-1]
- You have adorable elven ears. This is so unusual that it can give you a -1 to Disguise and Shadowing skills, and +1 to others' attempts to identify or follow you. Your ears give you a +1 to Hearing rolls made to pick out sounds in a crowded environment (like a forest), but watch out! They're very sensitive to the touch (doubles distraction penalties) and to loud noises (-1 to rolls made to resist hearing-related afflictions). Additionally, you may purchase exotic hearing-related traits.
- Energetic [-1]
- You always want to move, to run and jump and fly around, to take joy in your newfound vitality. This can result in a -1 on reaction rolls from people who are annoyed by your boundless enthusiasm.
- Flirtatious [-1]
- You go out of your way to interact with people who attract you. You might be coy or brazen, but you don't have to make a "pass". In the presence of an appealing member of the sex you find attractive, you're distracted and at -1 on rolls for the task at hand, unless that's impressing whoever caught your eye.
- Optimistic [-1]
- You always look on the bright side of life, even when everything seems hopeless. Your relentless optimism can give a bonus on rolls to cheer up others, but more often you'll suffer a -1 to reaction rolls from "realists" or people who aren't in the mood for hope.
- Practical Joker [-1]
- You enjoy playing harmless pranks on humourless sticks-in-the-mud. This will often result in a reactions at -1 or worse if they find out you were behind it. When you need to resist this urge, your self-control roll is 15.
- Wanderlust [-1]
- You want to see everything this amazing world has to offer. This essentially acts as Curiosity, limited solely toward going to new places. If you're presented with a strange new place to go, roll against self-control 12. If you fail, then you'll either look to make the trip, or suffer a -1 to IQ, IQ-based skills, and self-control rolls for the next few days, as your frustration distracts you.
Skills & Techniques
|Artist (Digital)||H||IQ||||14 28)|
|Expert Skill (Political Science)||H||IQ||||14|
|Fast-Draw (Knife)||E||DX+2||||16 31)|
|Fast-Draw (Sword)||E||DX+2||||16 31)|
|Navigation (Air)||A||IQ+2||||16 33)|
|Navigation (Land)||A||IQ+2||||16 33)|
|Religious Ritual (Solarian)||H||IQ-2||||12|
|Savoir-Faire (High Society)||E||IQ||||14|
|Item||Location||Cost||Weight||Description & Notes|
|Edged Rapier||Belt||$1,000||3 lbs.||Statistics: sw cut or thr+1 imp; Reach 1,2; Py 0F; ST 10.|
|Outfit||Worn||-||7 lbs.||Dress, mantled cape, two belts, long gloves, and thigh-high boots with high heels.|
|Potion of Healing, ×2||Belt||$700||0.2 lbs.||Each heals 2d injury.|
|Pouch, ×2||Belt||$20||0.4 lbs.||Each holds three pounds of small, dense items.|
Background & Notes
|Sense of Humour||Promiscuity|
|Flexibility||Religion & Spirituality|
- Topics of conversation
- Habits and quirks
- Hobbies and enjoyments
- What is your full name?
- Where and when were you born?
- Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
- Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
- Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the people.
- What is your occupation?
- To which social class do you belong?
- Describe yourself, physically, including any distinguishing marks or features.
- Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
- Are you right- or left-handed?
- What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
- What do you have in your pockets?
- Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
- How would you describe your childhood in general?
- What is your earliest memory?
- How much schooling have you had?
- Did you enjoy school?
- Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
- While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
- While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- As a child, what were your favorite activities?
- As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
- As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
- When and with whom was your first kiss?
- Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
- If you are a supernatural being, tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
- What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
- Who has had the most influence on you?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- What is your greatest regret?
- What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
- Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
- When was the time you were the most frightened?
- What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
- If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
- What is your best memory?
- What is your worst memory?
Beliefs And Opinions
- Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What are your religious views?
- What are your political views?
- What are your views on sex?
- Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
- In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
- Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
- What do you believe makes a successful life?
- How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e., do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
- Do you have any biases or prejudices?
- Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
- Who or what, if anything, would you die (or otherwise go to extremes) for?
Relationships With Others
- In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
- Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
- Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
- Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
- Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
- Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
- What do you look for in a potential lover?
- How close are you to your family?
- Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
- Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
- Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
- If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
- Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
- Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
- Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
- Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
- Do you care what others think of you?
Likes And Dislikes
- What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite food?
- What, if anything, do you like to read?
- What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
- Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
- How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
- What makes you laugh?
- What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
- What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
- How do you deal with stress?
- Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
- What are your pet peeves?
Self Images & Etc.
- Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
- What is your greatest strength as a person?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
- Are you generally organized or messy?
- Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
- Do you like yourself?
- What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
- What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could choose, how would you want to die?
- If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
- What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
- What three words best describe your personality?
- What three words would others probably use to describe you?